Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Shelf Exploration: Week One

Okay, I know this blog isn't following a specific pattern, but I think this might stick.


Shelf Exploration: Week 1

Every so often, possibly weekly, I am going to upload a picture of my bookshelf and talk about the books shown. Kind of like bloggers' book hauls, except if I did that, I'd be showing maybe one new book a month (money doesn't grow on trees, you know).

So without further ado...One of my many stacks of books!




Top to Bottom:
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak
Who Was Ben Franklin?
Guardian by Alex London
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson
Purple & Gray by Harl Vincent
Unbreakable by Kami Garcia
The Complete Titanic by Stephen J. Spignesi
Shadow of the Titanic by Andrew Wilson







Attachments: I can honestly say I've been wanting to read this for a while, ever since I read Fangirl. It hasn't been top priority, though, so I haven't gone searching for it. But I went to my new 2nd & Charles and it was there for $5, so of course I bought it. And now I have a book to look forward to.

I Am The Messenger: Same story as previous, I haven't read this one. I forgot to mention this is also mainly a TBR shelf. But I've actually been as far as having to force myself to put this one back when out at a bookstore. It was one of the choices on my summer reading list; naturally, I know own it.

Who Was Ben Franklin?: This was bought for a school project once upon a time. The series is easy to read and has a bunch of facts. Like this is the main source I used. So if you ever need research on a famous person, use the little kids books; they are cheap and I found that it was better than some of the biographies.

Guardian: I am ashamed. I haven't read it yet. I absolutely adored Proxy, so I've been looking forward to this one since last December. Oh well, I'm getting to it soon.

Speak: Okay, this is an absolute favorite of mine. Laurie Halse Anderson is already a fabulous author but this one threw me over the edge. Addressing such a needed issue, and using such powerful language for it, just wow.

The Impossible Knife of Memory: Yeah, I'm an Anderson fan. So I have this book, which I haven't read. But the cover is gorgeous and the plot sounds amazing, so I have something to look forward to.

Purple & Gray: Don't really have anything to say for this book besides that it was a mixed-up order. I ordered three copies of my novel and got this and two erotica. But this is a mystery-thriller book...

Unbreakable: Five stars. Kami Garcia has done it again. Another phenomenal book. I actually loved this almost more than Beautiful Creatures. Not sure yet. Such a pretty cover and it's paranormal, which is refreshing. And the sequel comes out soon!

The Complete Titanic: I love Titanic, or I guess, learning about her. My family picked this up for me at our library for a quarter. It is unread, currently.

Shadow of the Titanic: I went to school for a week with this book and nobody even questioned me. They all know. But it is a collection of stories from the ship's survivors. Really sad, I think I cried if I remember right. Just a great book. Nonfiction, but written well-enough to be fascinating. I actually read this right before going on a boat and during a boat ride. And the waves were huge...

I understand now how many books I need to read. Getting back to that now...
~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment