Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Blog Tour: Guest Post: Third Time Lucky

Third Time Lucky 
 #3 in the Oxford Blue Series
by Pippa Croft


Information on the Oxford Blue Series

* Published by Penguin (October 9, 2014)
* Each book in the series can also be read as a standalone
* Previous novels are available on NetGalley

Blurb

For fans of Sylvia Day and E. L. James, the third and final part of this exciting romance series.

'It's Sister Dixon from the Royal Infirmary here. I'm sorry to tell you that Captain Hunt has been involved a serious incident.'

Lauren Cusack should be on her way home for an holiday in Washington before her final term at Wyckham College, Oxford. But this call changes everything. Her relationship with impossibly handsome aristocrat Alexander Hunt has been turbulent and Lauren knows she needs to walk away. Yet now as she rushes to his side she knows she will be inevitably sucked back into his world.

And sure enough, Alexander - even a seriously injured Alexander - is an intoxicating cocktail Lauren cannot resist and despite everything that is sent to thwart them - and with Alexander there is drama at every turn - she finds herself happier than she's ever been.

But as her final term races by, and she is offered the perfect job back in Washington, the impossibility of their romance hits home.

Can there be a future for Alexander and Lauren?

The love trials of Lauren and Alexander continue in the third book in Pippa Croft's brilliant new Oxford Blue romance series.

Fans of E L James, Tammara Webber and Samantha Young won't be able to get enough of Pippa Croft's Oxford Blue romance series. Lauren and Alexander's journey begins in The First Time We Met, and follows on in the brilliant sequel, The Second Time I Saw You, which are both available as Penguin ebooks.


Your most treasured possession
by Lauren Cusack

An author friend asked me recently what my main character’s most treasured possession would be. It’s a great question, and so I put it to Lauren Cusack, the heroine of the Oxford Blue series.

This is her reply.

My most treasured possession? Oh, that is a hard question... can it be a person or people? No? So I can’t have my mom and dad... I guess that also rules out my Schnauzer, Buddy, who sadly passed away last summer at home in Washington before I started my master’s degree at Wyckham College, Oxford.

It also definitely rules out Alexander Hunt – not that I’d pick him anyway! He drives me insane at times; most of the time... in good and bad ways.

So, it has to be a thing, does it? An object?

Ok. I guess I treasure a lot of things; there’s my watercolour set, of course. I’m studying Art History and I love drawing and painting though I’m not very good at it. I’ve tried a few sketches of Alexander and to my shame, he found them. He didn’t laugh, which surprised me, and said they weren’t bad which is high praise from him. I wish he hadn’t seen them, however, because I don’t want him to think I’m in any way fixated on him. His ego is big enough already.

So what else do I ‘treasure’? There are the Tiffany studs my parents gave me for my twenty-first birthday last year. Granny also gave me a vintage marcasite hair clip which I love wearing to formal college dinners and commem balls.

Of course, there’s the necklace that Alexander gave me. It’s a beautiful Cartier diamond affair, subtle but absolutely beautiful. I have a weakness for elegant contemporary jewellery

but would never have splashed out on something so lavish. In fact, when the courier first delivered the necklace, I sent him straight back to the store with it!

At the time, it felt as if Alexander was trying to buy me. It was in the first few weeks of term, not long after we’d first met and he’d been pursuing me like he was riding to hounds and I was his quarry. I don’t run from a chase and I don’t lie down and give in, especially not to a man like Lord Alexander Hunt, who seems to always get what he wants.

Of course, he never gives in either. His family motto, it turns out, is ‘he conquers, and who endures’. So he turned up at my room with the necklace and, eventually, I agreed to accept it – and damn it, I ended up in bed with him.

I still have the necklace in the drawer of my desk in my college room. I take it out now and then, just to touch the cool diamonds and hold them against my skin. I wear them for Alexander and for myself; sometimes I wear only the necklace. He loves that and so do I...

But is it my most treasured possession? I really can’t decide. I still don’t know how I feel about Alexander Hunt...

About the Author



Pippa Croft is the pen name of an award-winning romantic novelist. After studying English at Oxford, she worked as a copywriter and journalist before writing her debut novel, which won the RNA's New Writers' award and was later made into a TV movie. She lives in a village in the heart of England with her husband and daughter.


Thanks so much for joining me on my blog today, Pippa! This series looks excellent; I'll have to read it!
~Ashley

4 comments: