The Wraith of Carter’s Mill Book Two
Genre: Paranormal Fiction
Publisher: Book Authors and Artists
Number of pages:80
The Guardians is the second novella in the series titled; The Wraith of Carter's Mill. The series will include three novellas published in Kindle format. A paperback compilation will include a fourth story, which will only be available in the paperback edition, and will be available late 2014.
Shyanne learned in her teens that like the living, the dead would stop talking to you if you ignore them long enough. After the death of her parents, that is precisely what she did. What good was a gift that allowed the dead to speak with her if her own parents could not? For a year after the accident, she waited, waited for one of them to come to her like the others did, longing for just one more chance to tell them that she loved them. They never came.
By high school graduation she had given up all hope of seeing them again and in the place of that missing hope, resentment filled the void. Every time she saw a spirit or heard a voice, she shut it off, refusing it entry like any unwelcome visitor. By the time she finished her first year of college, spirit siting’s were rare, and if she did see one, it usually lurked at a distance, watching her warily until it evaporated. Shyanne was determined to keep it that way.
An incident during her second year at college reveals her secret to an onlooker. Years later, someone who has witnessed her ability to see and speak to the dead, seeks Shyanne out. She must decide whether to use her gifts to help a haunted family. Shyanne must rely upon spectral Guardians to lead her in the right direction, or risk opening the door to a dark entity that has plagued her family for a century.
Available at Amazon
Book Trailer: http://youtu.be/vSOU_sYlq-I
- I think my favorite parts are the first part and the first half of the second. I absolutely love the everyday life explanations. I like seeing Shyanne and Sara doing what they do normally before we get really deep into the story.
- I also like how Drake just mentions a seance one time and then everything gets crazy. I especially like it because he's so shy when asking and it's kind of cute.
- OH MY GOSH THEY HAVE A OUIJA BOARD. I'm going to cry. This is terrifying.
- I like how the whole talking-to-spirits comes back throughout her life. It's really rather interesting as well to have a paranormal where one can speak to ghosts, not just be scared of them.
- This book is crazy good! I just...wow. I'm so happy with how it turned out.
Rating: 4.5 stars
About the Author:
C. Evenfall grew up in a small fishing village in Eastern North Carolina. The area was rich with history, ghost stories and unexplained phenomenon; all fodder for the vivid imaginings of a young girl. She began “collecting” stories at a young age.
At aged six, C. Evenfall experienced the paranormal firsthand and has been seeking answers ever since.
Her fascination with the unexplainable and her love for old family ghost stories inspired her to write a collection of novellas. Each inspired by the experiences passed down through her family for generations.
C. Evenfall resides on the Carolina Coast with her husband, a self-proclaimed skeptic. She loves him anyway and the two complement each other perfectly.
Publisher’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BooksAuthorsAndArtists
5 Kindle Gift copies of The Guardians