In the unforgiving Mesopotamian desert where Jayden’s tribe lives, betrothal celebrations abound, and tonight it is Jayden’s turn to be honored. But while this union with Horeb, the son of her tribe’s leader, will bring a life of riches and restore her family’s position within the tribe, it will come at the price of Jayden’s heart. Then a shadowy boy from the Southern Lands appears. Handsome and mysterious, Kadesh fills Jayden’s heart with a passion she never knew possible. But with Horeb’s increasingly violent threats haunting Jayden’s every move, she knows she must find a way to escape—or die trying. With a forbidden romance blossoming in her heart and her family’s survival on the line, Jayden must embark on a deadly journey to save the ones she loves—and find a true love for herself. Set against the brilliant backdrop of the sprawling desert, the story of Jayden and Kadesh will leave readers absolutely breathless as they defy the odds and risk it all to be together.
- Whew! This book was seriously a breath of fresh air! I'm in the midst of studying for finals and anything else life throws my way, but I put everything aside so that I could read this. It's extremely well-written. Perfect amount of description without telling too much. It's also so easy to keep up with.
- I'm blown away by the research put into this book. When I talked to Kimberley, she said she had done a lot, but I guess I didn't realize just how much. This is set in the ancient Mesopotamian lands and follows a young tribal girl. We get to see the different tribes, relationships, daily life, and just anything that is important to the time. It makes this book that much better by having so much based in fact.
- Camels. I absolutely love the camels, if only because it makes it more interesting to talk about. When I started reading, I laughed out loud and was asked why. They just got more confused when I answered with 'camels'.
- Can I say I love the characters? I think I can. And I do. I love Kadesh (sigh), and Jayden is really awesome. I love reading through her POV and I can really get a sense of her character through her mind, especially the part she doesn't show to the outside world. Kadesh is...well, he's Kadesh. He's oh-so-perfect but he is flawed, as well. Which makes him more perfect. I like his attitude and lifestyle and what he brings to the table. I like him in general.
- The romance in seriously adorable. I've just been sitting around dying to find out what happens with it. It definitely has that find-out urge. It's really sweet how Kadesh acts toward Jayden and vice versa. And how he speaks to her? Awwww. I also like Horeb being a romantic character. Only in the sense that he is supposed to be a romantic interest, not because he's actually romantic. JayDen goes through and figures out just how much she dislikes her betrothed, but he adds a central conflict because her betrothal cannot be broken.
- I couldn't put this book down! All week I've been sitting in my classes, casually trying to pick up my book and read!
- I have to say, I'm SO pleased with how Forbidden turned out. Even though I had to wait for so long, I'm not disappointed even in the slightest. This is worth the wait and a thousand more, as long as I can get to it before I die.
Rating: 5 stars
Author Kimberley Griffiths Little
Award-winning author Kimberley Griffiths Little was born in San Francisco, but now lives in New Mexico on the banks of the Rio Grande with her husband and their three sons. Her middle-grade novels, When the Butterflies Came, The Last Snake Runner, The Healing Spell, and Circle of Secrets, have been praised as “fast-paced and dramatic,” with “beautifully realized settings.” Kimberley adores anything old and musty with a secret story to tell. She’s stayed in the haunted tower room at Borthwick Castle in Scotland; sailed the Seine in Paris; ridden a camel in Petra, Jordan; shopped the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul; and spent the night in an old Communist hotel in Bulgaria.
$25 Amazon Gift Card or Paypal Cash Ends 1/4/15 Open only to those who can legally enter, receive and use an Amazon.com Gift Code or Paypal Cash. Winning Entry will be verified prior to prize being awarded. No purchase necessary. You must be 18 or older to enter or have your parent enter for you. The winner will be chosen by rafflecopter and announced here as well as emailed and will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, Rafflecopter or any other entity unless otherwise specified. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. Giveaway was organized by Kathy from I Am A Reader and sponsored by the author. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.