(Worlds Apart #1) by Amanda Thome
Release Date: 04/15/14
What if everything came down to a single test? If your life was defined at seventeen, could you handle it? Could you accept your fate leaving the ones you love, or would you risk it all and stay? One test stands between Vanessa and Central. One chance to make the leap across the walls to a better life. At seventeen, Central considers Vanessa an adult. Her labor role, marriage, and housing divisions will be dictated by her performance on the leap. Dedication and unfaltering friendship has bonded Vanessa to Garrett as they fight for their chance to leap into Central. But what happens when love overtakes reason? When defiance in the name of love creates an unintentional fracture in their nation. Without warning Vanessa is at the mercy of the nation that’s supposed to protect her. Exiled and abandoned she must fight but she finds she’s not alone. With her heart divided she seeks her revenge, but will her stand be enough? Ruination is the next YA dystopian trilogy that will hook you from the start! If you liked Veronica Roth's Divergent series or Suzanne Collins Hunger Games series then be prepared to get addicted to Ruination.
Add to Goodreads
Buy Links: Amazon│Barnes & Noble│
- I love love love the synopsis. And the pacing of the plotline. I like this story, I really do. It's great and I'm so pleased with the way it turned out. I definitely was hooked and now I get to wait for book 2.
- Relationships, oh how cute they are. No matter the friendship/romance/anything, I always think they should be well-written and contribute to the story. The one between Vanessa and Garrett does. Yay!
- I really like the dystopian feel. Or not necessarily feel, but just the dystopia in general. The genre is wonderful if the writer does well. And Amanda does. She makes this book marvelous. She has also showed me great ways to improve my own dystopian writing, though she doesn't know. Her passion shows through the pages and I'm just completely satisfied.
- I like how this is written. The diction and style is clear and pleasant, without getting too bogged down in details. It just reads very well, with a bunch of flow.
- I've never loved a debut cover more.
Rating: 4.5 stars
About the Author
Amanda Thome is the Author of Ruination, book one in the Worlds Apart dystopian trilogy. Amanda grew up in Maine and later moved to Pennsylvania where she obtained her bachelor’s degree from Ursinus College. She later received her doctorate degree in Physical Therapy from Columbia University. Amanda currently resides in San Antonio, TX with her husband Clint.