Praise for the book: "Kelly's first novel is a suspenseful page-turner with multiple suspects, a little bit of romance, and a strong but not overbearing message." --Kirkus Reviews "Suspenseful novel that's guaranteed to give readers goosebumps--particularly as events heat up toward the end. A good choice for families to read together." --School Library Journal "Who R U Really? is a fantastically creepy book that is surprisingly realistic and totally engrossing.... Once I opened it, I couldn't close it. Who R U Really is a satisfyingly unique YA thriller that left me guessing up until almost the very last page.... This book is very realistic and I really enjoyed the writing style." --Tempest Books "Based on actual events, the story should be required reading for all teens." --VOYA Magazine
- I'm really so so pleased with this book. I knew I wanted to read it right when I heard about it, but I didn't know I'd get a chance to. But I did and I LOVE that it's inspired by true events. It's very important that this is widely read.
- I absolutely loved the suspense. It was written well and kept me guessing until the very end. It upsets me, though, because so many people act suspicious in this, but only one is the true predator. That means the others are just really suspicious.
- I like Tim and Janie. They are really awesome best friends and excellent supporting characters. Though Janie's story was a bit distracting from the main plot.
- I like how Thea starts to wonder if this is right. It shows she isn't dumb and she also knows she is going behind her parents' backs with Kit.
What I didn't like:
- The first quarter of the book was slightly dull to me. Thea finds a guy online and they have a sappy romance. The remaining is incredible, so well-paced with the perfect amount of suspense.
- Thea annoyed me with her ignorance for the longest time. Kit drops hints that he is stalking her and she just ignores them until the very end. I get why she does, especially in this story, but that really made it hard for me to like the main character.
Rating: 4.5 stars
Thanks to Kathy for putting me on this tour and a huge thanks to Margo for sending me my copy!!