Sunday, January 4, 2015

Review: Postcard Books

Stars and Swipes and Hugs and Misses
Wilhelm Staehle
Stars and Swipes: 30 Postcards of Awkward Americana Hugs and Misses: 30 Postcards of Awkward Romance

Stars and Swipes:
Here are 30 exquisite postcards from Wilhelm Staehle’s Silhouette Masterpiece Theater (silhouettemasterpiecetheater.com). Each panel in the popular weekly web comic features a painstakingly detailed etching carved from a beautiful painting; the results are gorgeous and very funny. Stars and Swipes offers a hilarious vision of classic Americana, with farcical frontiersmen, prattling presidents, and other all-American oddities.

Hugs and Misses:
Here are 30 exquisite postcards from Wilhelm Staehle’s Silhouette Masterpiece Theater (silhouettemasterpiecetheater.com). Each panel in the popular weekly web comic features a painstakingly detailed etching carved from a beautiful painting; the results are gorgeous and very funny. Hugs and Misses is a terrific Valentine’s Day gift, full of lovelorn ladies, roguish gentlemen, renegade Cupids, and indecent proposals.

My Thoughts:
I'm going to review both right here, right now. These are postcard books, little books full of humorous postcards based on a theme. The themes for these were patriotism and love.

These are hilarious. I was thoroughly entertained by them, though it only took ten minutes to go through both. I was just laughing my way through and I now need to look for more postcard books.

Each postcard brought something new to the theme and changes the way I look at it. They had cute little jokes on them, most of which I completely understood. Some went over my head. I'll have to ask people about those:)

Definitely a fun read for anyone, though a more mature audience will benefit from the humor. Get these and enjoy them!

5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment